80% of your time should be on your passion


Im a singer songwriter and so 80% of my time should used and focused upon that, which means the other 20% is divided and layers and manipulated so bad that “it” takes our time away from the bigger portion.

Well writing is what I should be doing. Meanwhile. an interesting turn of event has most definately occured.   It’s not neccessarily bad but its not that “great” either.  I posted a flier and a web banner yesterday for a show of mine and it turns out that  this venue because of its “name” is providing the space for someone else’s “showcase” concert.

I don’t like that either, especially a “showcase” we the artists have to sell the tickets for.  So I may have to swing the axe on this show.

I actually would rather play in a 10 x 10 room jam packed than in a showcase with 5 other groups……I thought they were booking agents,  not showcase agents.  My bad.

Patience, on  any moves.

Dbone

Advertisements

About D-Bone

singer songwriter for 20+ years, over 25 recorded albums, and performed over 1000+ shows from 1993 till still. New album coming out soon, and updates regularly. I'm 39 and a starving but happy "living my dream" musician/artist.
This entry was posted in music, sacrifice, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s